From: Thibaut Fernagut <t.fernagut@××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 21:46:04
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Bryan Østergaard wrote:
3 >> Gentoo has an etiquette policy as well at
4 >> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=3&chap=2
5 >> for interested people.
6 >>
7 >> One thing worth noting is that we've just decided that the policy needs
8 >> to be updated so hopefully we'll see a new/expanded policy in a few
9 >> weeks.
10 >>
11 >> Regards,
12 >> Bryan Østergaard
15 > I'm not a dev, just a lowly user, but maybe this policy needs to be
16 > posted here since according to some of what I have read lately, this has
17 > not been read before by several. Maybe when you first subscribe, it
18 > should be included in the subscribe confirmation email. Some of the
19 > recent threads have caused me to wonder if there was a policy or not. I
20 > have been using Gentoo for a good while and I love the distro, but some
21 > of the things I read on this list, especially lately, are embarrassing
22 > to say the list.
23 >
24 > I hope something can be done to make this list pleasant for everyone to
25 > subscribe to, read and even participate.
26 >
27 > Now I expect someone will disagree and I will hear from it shortly.
28 >
29 > Dale
30 >
31 > :-) :-) :-) :-)
34 I agree .. lets have more of the dev talk on the -dev-list and less of
35 the rest and forget what happend.
36
37 To start this I'm opening with a -dev question :
38 Why is mod_perl not in the default /etc/apache2/httpd.conf ?
39
40 Can the line be added even commented out ?
41
42 -
43 Thibaut
44 --