From: Collins Richey <erichey2@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] KDE packages/categories and subcategories
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 19:30:32
1 On Wed, 8 Aug 2001 16:23:18 -0500 Ben Lutgens <blutgens@×××××××.com>
2 wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 11:14:01PM +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
5 > >kde-apps and gnome-apps categories will be a mess and you can't find
6 > >what you are looking for unless you know the name of the package.
7 >
8 > Perhaps a quick "findpkg" script is in order for portage. That'd be a
9 > good
10 > task for python or perl.
13 I posted a very simple perl script 'list-pkgs' a week or two back; I use
14 'lst-pkgs | grep foo'or 'list-pkgs db | grp foo' almost daily. I can post
15 the script again, if you like.
18 Collins Richey
19 Denver Area
20 Gentoo_rc5 XFCE