From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: leechcraft.eclass
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 11:56:35
1 2011/7/22 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn <chithanh@g.o>:
2 > But I do think it is
3 > good to have live ebuilds in portage, especially for fast moving
4 > applications.
5
6 I think they can be useful for any application as long as they're
7 maintained. I can see the value of the QA policy that they must be
8 masked, but I don't see value in forcing them out of the tree. I
9 think the key is that we want the tree to work - if it works then it
10 belongs. The ability to seamlessly support live builds is one of
11 Gentoo's distinctive features - since we're already a bit of a niche
12 we should embrace this.
13
14 Rich