From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: usr merge
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 17:52:37
1 On Fri, 8 Apr 2016 21:18:37 -0400
2 waltdnes@××××××××.org wrote:
3
4 > On Fri, Apr 08, 2016 at 04:30:04PM -0400, Rich Freeman wrote
5 >
6 > > Half the reason we don't officially support running without /usr
7 > > mounted during early boot is that if we actually put everything in /
8 > > that could conceivably be needed during early boot we'd end up with
9 > > everything there. Bluetooth keyboards is a common example. The
10 > > console should work during early boot, right?
11 >
12 > Seriously... how many people run Bluetooth keyboards on Gentoo
13 > anyways?
14
15 The sarcasm and the rhetorical questions make it tough to tell -- are
16 you trying here to make an argument that Gentoo should commit to
17 supporting boot without /usr mounted early?