From: Dominik Kapusta <ayoy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: qt@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: qt4-r2.eclass - new eclass for Qt-based apps
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 11:48:21
1 Hello guys!
2
3 We, the Qt team, would like to include a new eclass in the tree.
4
5 The qt4-r2 eclass is meant to help with ebuilds for Qt-based (qmake-based, to
6 be precise) applications.
7
8 The eclass is attached, and here's a short comparison between qt4-r2 and qt4
9 (currently in tree) eclasses:
10
11 Removed in qt4-r2:
12 * obsolete QT4_BUILD_WITH_USE_CHECK and
13 QT4_OPTIONAL_BUILD_WITH_USE_CHECK hacks.
14
15 Improved in qt4-r2:
16 * eqmake4 function now behaves similarly to qmake itself, i.e.:
17 - doesn't assume ${PN}.pro, but searches for the project file if not
18 specified, just like qmake does
19 - in some cases is able to figure out the correct project file if there
20 are several of them in one directory (rare case, but technically
21 possible)
22
23 New in qt4-r2:
24 * automatic generation of "linguas_*" IUSE, based on LANGS and LANGSLONG
25 variables,
26 * automatic installation of documentation, based on DOCS and DOCSDIR
27 variables,
28 * exported src_configure(), src_compile() and src_install() functions
29
30 The qt4-r2 eclass requires EAPI-2.
31
32 We have been developing, testing and constantly improving qt4-r2 in qting-edge
33 overlay for around a year already. It's working for us and we find it very
34 handy compared to the old qt4.eclass.
35
36 After pushing qt4-r2 to the tree, we're going to port Qt 4 apps' ebuilds to
37 qt4-r2 and deprecate qt4.eclass.
40 Thanks,
41 Dominik

qt4-r2.eclass text/plain