From: Quinn Harris <quinn@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] glibc-2.3 and prelinking
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 01:16:56
1 I have started to build a system with glibc-2.3 primarily to use
2 prelinking. But I just realized that prelinking and portage aren't
3 going to get along.
4
5 The prelink tool will change binaries and shared libraries on the system
6 and therefor the modify time and the MD5 checksum. I expect portage
7 will no longer properly unmerge these changed files.
8
9 The prelink tool can be changed to update the portage db probably by
10 using a wrapper script. Or, portage could be modified to utilize
11 prelink to determine if the file was modified by prelink. This is
12 explained in
13 http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2002-10/msg00089.html
14
15 What would be the best solution?
18 Some info about prelinking
19 http://dforce.sh.cvut.cz/~seli/en/linking2/
22 On a side note. gcc-3.2 won't compile right with glibc-2.3. It looks
23 like the gcc-3.2-branch cvs has the problem fixed.
24 http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-10/msg00333.html