From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Making built_with_use die by default with EAPI 2
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 21:06:16
1 Petteri Räty wrote:
2
3 > When EAPI 2 goes live built_with_use should probably die for most cases.
4 > Are there valid use cases for built_with_use that are not covered by the
5 > use deps in EAPI 2? If there are we could add a switch like --noeapi2die
6 > to it.
7 >
8 It would be nicer imo if we just added --or-die as a general switch to those
9 functions we can (and look at sorting out the subshell die thing for -exec
10 externals.) That way the decision to die or not would be down to the ebuild
11 author and always explicit from looking at the code.