From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ulm@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Making user patches globally available
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 19:59:07
1 On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 21:43:06 +0200
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > >>>>> On Fri, 27 Apr 2012, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
5 >
6 > >> Did I get it right, you are thinking about a special EAPI only for
7 > >> user patches? I'd say that the feature is not important enough to
8 > >> justify that.
9 >
10 > > Didn't we have a few other cheap things lined up?
11 >
12 > Yes we do, and IMHO it would make much more sense if EAPI 5 would
13 > include them.
14 >
15 > (And of course, there are still the two features that were omitted
16 > from EAPI 4, namely slot-operator-deps and profile-iuse-injection.)
17
18 Of course, if we take the 'quick EAPI 5 route', it won't include
19 anything useful. In the meantime, do we have a complete list of
20 candidates for EAPI 5?
23 Best regards,
24 Michał Górny