From: Cuckoo's Calling <cuckoos-calling@××××××××××.com>
To: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GNU Guix
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 12:26:39
1 Hi Marcel,
2
3 > IMHO, it is a great package manager, especially when being concerned
4 > about (bit-wise) reproducibility, 'slotting' various versions and fast
5 > movement with low risk (reversible upgrades).
6 >
7 > The one feature I miss compared to portage is the configuration via USE
8 > flags: One could patch Guix package definitions to add compile to flags
9 > etc, but you can't simply let the package manager resolve the
10 > dependencies for you.
11
12 You are so naive and I couldn't stop laughing.
13
14 Did you even watch my presentation?
15 https://gnuguix-drive.mycozy.cloud/public?sharecode=YvERPGX14g5S
16