From: Kevin Gordon <kgordon@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge update
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 01:16:26
1 I copied new config files for:
2 pwdb.conf
3 crontab
4 depscan.sh
5 checkfs
6 shutdown.sh
7 runscript.sh
8 functions.sh
9 reboot.sh
10 halt.sh
11 checkroot
12 As I have never edited them before I left them as provided.
13 Now the booting processes fail. Do 2 control-C then freezes.
14 I need to do a rescue.
15 What is the best way to boot up to copy the original files back?
16 I have Build -r14 boot cd?
17 Is it possible to make a boot CD from my current kernel (after I complete
18 the rescue)?
19
20 Cheers: a little sadly.
21
22 Kevin
23 ----- Original Message -----
24 From: "Martin Schlemmer" <azarah@g.o>
25 To: "Gentoo-Dev" <gentoo-dev@g.o>
26 Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2002 1:56 PM
27 Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge update