From: Dan C <danwsb@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What should be in place before 1.0 release
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 10:50:06
1 Just an addition to the list, I think a gentoo-newbie mailing list would be
2 a good idea. I personally have been fooling around with Gentoo since pre
3 1.0_rc5, and it's my first in depth linux experience (RH -> Drake -> RH ->
4 Slackware (for a while) -> Gentoo), and I really like it. Yet I don't feel
5 my knowledge justifies asking questions to gentoo-dev, and conversation in
6 the chat room comes in and out like waves.
7
8 So, I sugest a gentoo-newbie list to allow guilt free posting for all of us
9 with lesser problems. (And as Karl sated, we're going to have quite a few
10 newbies (hopefully) soon. The quicker we get them up, running, and
11 contributing ebuilds the better).
12
13 -DSB