From: Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: spec draft for cross-compile support in future EAPI (EAPI-5)
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 12:05:08
1 Duncan schrieb:
2 > Thomas Sachau posted on Sat, 16 Jun 2012 12:31:40 +0200 as excerpted:
3 >
4 >> Since i am not that sure about my ability to write formal specs, i am
5 >> presenting my first draft for further review and suggestions for
6 >> improvement.
7 >
8 > Just a format suggestion. Call it nitpicky if you want, and yes, my
9 > client isn't perfect, but I'm sure people with a bit of experience
10 > writing such specs will tell you I'm not alone...
11 >
12 > Several of your points ended up as very long single lines. My client can
13 > wrap, but that wraps the points as well (so for example 2.1 starts in the
14 > middle of a line). So I was left with the choice to either massively
15 > horizontally scroll, or of trying to figure out where one point ended and
16 > another began, since wrapping it... /wrapped/ it, so points appeared in
17 > the middle of a line.
18 >
19 > Please:
20 >
21 > * If you use long lines, leave a vertical space (blank line) between
22 > points so when a client wraps them, they wrap as individual paragraphs.
23 >
24 > * Alternatively, wrap at something sensible. (The traditional wrap for
25 > posting is 72 chars or so, 80 minus a few to allow a few levels of
26 > quoting without rewrap. I wouldn't complain at 90, but if you're going
27 > to bother, you might as well go the standard route and avoid further
28 > issues.)
29 >
30 > Long lines as paragraphs would probably be easier especially early in the
31 > process when you're modifying a lot, but you still risk (even more)
32 > limited clients having issues with it. YMMV.
35 I suggest you look for a better client to handle the line wrapping
36 better. ;-) In the meantime, the same file attached with wrapped lines.
40 Thomas Sachau
41 Gentoo Linux Developer

multilib-portage-spec-draft text/plain