From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Packages up for grabs
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 21:39:11
1 On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 23:24:27 +0200
2 Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o> wrote:
3 > I have one; it's great to help make my boot short, but it isn't really
4 > a great improvement for the Portage tree. Better I/O isn't a solution
5 > to computational complexity; it doesn't deal with the CPU bottleneck.
6
7 If the CPU is your bottleneck, Python won't help you. Python's threads
8 are fine for making IO easier, but the GIL prevents them from being of
9 any use for CPU intensive calculations.
10
11 Having said that, the CPU isn't your bottleneck.
14 Ciaran McCreesh