From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] about commits in the future
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 10:00:36
1 On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 09:59:49 +0100
2 Patrice Clement <monsieurp@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Every now and then, my commits get rejected from the Gentoo Git
5 > server with an error saying that my clock is behind and that I need
6 > to rewind it. I then run the command `ntpdate europe.pool.ntp.org' to
7 > get my clock synced. Eventually, I rebase my latest commits with git
8 > and push to the repo. Something might have gone wrong during the
9 > clock sync and git rebase? I'm not too sure.
10
11 A git rebase does not change the authored date unless you pass
12 --ignore-date.
15 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
16 Gentoo Linux Developer