From: Alexander Gretencord <arutha@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new package notification
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 16:40:44
1 On Friday 26 July 2002 22:50, Marko Mikulicic wrote:
2
3 > What about /var/cache for script output ?
4 > Or should I leave /root as default ?
5
6 /root is crap. /var is exactly for this type of data ...
7
8 > I will make an ebuild for it, but I cannot provide hosting. Where should
9 > I put it?
10
11 I think you should try to get this into official portage real soon :) Till
12 then I could put it on my page (http://stud.upb.de/~q9tharkun/) where I
13 already have my ebuilds (though most of them are now in portage anyway)
14
15 Just send me a tarball if you'd like me to put it up.
18 Alex
19 --
20 "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
21 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
22 Benjamin Franklin