From: Georg Rudoy <0xd34df00d@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: c++14 global USE flag
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 19:29:13
1 2015-04-24 20:11 GMT+01:00 Maxim Koltsov <maksbotan@g.o>:
2 > This is temporal, until gcc gets needed support and that version makes its
3 > way into ~. Then the flag won't be needed anymore, we'll just depend on new
4 > enough gcc and enable C++14 mode by default.
5
6 There is a problem with this. gcc has some bugs even in C++03
7 implementation (I have shown you the related bug the other day, can
8 quote it here if anyone's interested), and for now I used C++14 flag
9 to enable those code paths that depend on good enough standards
10 support.
11
12 The problem is that the other, kludgy code paths are incompatible with
13 C++14 at all, so either LC is built in C++11 mode with C++11 plugins
14 set, or in C++14 mode, but only using clang (or any other conforming
15 compiler, but I'm not aware of anything like that). Effectively, even
16 gcc 5.1 cannot build LC in C++14 mode.
17
18 The same story will happen when C++17 gets released, so this should
19 probably be settled once and for all.
20
21 > I'm CCing LeechCraft author just in case.
22
23 I'm on this list, no need to :)
26 Georg Rudoy