From: Fred Van Andel <fava@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Menu - Bash vs. Python Rule files
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 22:31:37
1 Peter Ruskin <aoyu93@×××××××××.com> wrote:
2 (08/13/2003 14:55)
3
4 >Can you reassure me that this stuff is going to be optional?
5 >
6 >I run KDE and I have no use for another menu system. This seems to me
7 >to be a bad waste of developer resources.
8 >
9 I think you misunderstand.
10
11 This is not a new menu, its a way to automatically add entries to your existing menu, regardless of what desktop you use. So it doesnt matter if you use KDE or Gnome or fluxbox the menu entries will appear as soon as you install a new package.
12
13 Unless of course I compleatly misunderstood.
14
15 Fred Van Andel
16 fava@g.o
17 GPG KeyID: 76526AD599455482
18 GPG fingerprint: 64E4 4BAB 9C99 D565 3E3C F5D0 7652 6AD5 9945 5482
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list