From: Francesco Riosa <vivo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] SLOTed MySQL or not?
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 11:29:58
1 Luca Longinotti wrote:
2 > As the title says, what would you prefer for the future of MySQL in
3 Gentoo?
4 > Please take a moment to read
5 > https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-438557.html and vote (and
6 > eventually comment on it).
7 > Thanks!
8
9 I've asked to Luca to have one week poll but the results [1] show
10 already that MySQL will be unslotted at the end.
11 Thank you to spend the time to do that I should do it _before_ to try
12 the slotting road (and may be speak with the other MySQL maintainer
13 before :p).
14
15 Luca (chtekk) Longinotti, will also take care of MySQL, on my request,
16 in a near future, then I'll stay as a backup maintainer for the time
17 coming, or leave if needed for whatever reason.
18
19 Before to this to happen I'll try my best to close the greatest number
20 of bugs still open (many already are but not committed) and manage to
21 bring MySQL back to the unslotted version.
22
23 [1]
24 Yes. 12% [ 12 ]
25 No. 75% [ 72 ]