From: "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Restructuring the ppc/ppc64 profiles to be better multilib
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 18:46:03
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 This is a ppc/ppc64 issues, but I'm sending this to gentoo-dev@ because
4 it seems to me that those herds are pretty scattered right:
5
6 1) The issue came up about restructuring the arch/powerpc profiles.
7 There we have some ancient stuff like ppc64/32ul. I don't know why
8 that's needed and it doesn't make much sense wrt the new direction
9 multilib is going. I'd like to clean up those profiles. Any objections
10 to removing ppc64/32ul, coalescing ppc64/64ul into just ppc64 and making
11 whatever other tweaks are needed?
12
13 2) Can we try to get the ppc/ppc64 herds communicating more. I don't
14 believe every team needs a lead but at least have a point of reference
15 so we can communicate.
19 Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.
20 Chair of Information Technology
21 D'Youville College