From: Markus Dittrich <markusle@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new eclass and portage category: octave-forge.eclass and dev-octave
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 12:31:02
1 Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> writes:
2 > On 13:57 Thu 10 Jul , Markus Dittrich wrote:
3 > > The sci herd would like to propose the addition of a new
4 > > octave-forge.eclass as well as a new portage category dev-octave to
5 > > house new octave-forge ebuilds.
6 >
7 > If the ebuilds are truly simple templates (as they appeared from a quick
8 > glance), perhaps a script more like g-cpan or g-pypi would be merited
9 > instead of large numbers of trivial ebuilds?
12 Hi Donnie,
13
14 Thank you very much for your comments. The octave-forge.eclass
15 turned out to be much more effective than I initially anticipated
16 and the individual octave-forge ebuilds are now indeed mostly
17 simple templates. I will have to have a closer look at g-cpan to see
18 if we'd be able to fit the octave-forge ebuilds into such a framework.
19 If so, this may be the way to go and would avoid cluttering
20 the portage tree unnecessarily.
21
22 Best,
23 Markus