From: Eric Sammer <eric@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] xfree, synaptics, and kernel 2.6.x
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 23:41:57
1 It seems that kernel versions >= 2.6.0-test6 and the xfree synaptics
2 touchpad driver <= 0.11.6 (or maybe even 0.11.7) are incompatible.
3 According to the Synaptics driver site
4 (http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad) this is known. The
5 x11-misc/synaptics-0.11.8 ebuild is masked with the comment "until xfree
6 stops installing the same files" which is understandable.
7
8 The question is now is this something that someone is working on (as the
9 xfree ebuild is what adds the synaptics driver "by hand" and not using a
10 dependency on the ebuild) or can I go ahead and do this without
11 duplicating effort? I'd like to test the later test distros of the
12 kernel, but not being able to run X is kind of annoying (not that it's
13 anyone's fault).
14
15 TIA.
16 --