From: Sam James <sam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Jeff Gazso <jeff.gazso@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: net-misc/electrum-ltc
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 15:59:31
1 > On 10 Sep 2022, at 16:49, Jeff Gazso <jeff.gazso@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > This one caught me by surprise.
4 >
5 > So, it looks like the versions of net-misc/electrum (the Bitcoin client) in Gentoo's repository are in pretty good shape. The version of net-misc/electrum-ltc (the Litecoin client) in the Gentoo repository looks like it's two years old. (For those who are unfamiliar the Litecoin client is downstream of the Bitcoin client, both projects share a lot of the same code.) I checked upstream and the current version of electrum-ltc appears to have been bumped to Python 3.8 and it looks like the old aiorpcX (#792219) issue that was causing such a headache has also been fixed as of a PR this past February. See my note in #792219.
6 >
7 > Pardon my ignorance, but couldn't this package be salvaged by repurposing the net-misc/electrum ebuild code to bring the net-misc/electrum-ltc package current? Is the situation more complicated than that?
10 Someone would need to do it and nobody's done it until now...
11
12 You could!