From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new ebuild variables proposal...
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 15:09:25
1 try something like :
2 CFLAGS=`echo CFLAGS | sed s:-funroll-loops::g`
3 //Spider
4
5 begin quote
6 On Fri, 05 Apr 2002 09:04:37 -0800
7 Zach Forrest <zach@××××××××××××××.ca> wrote:
8
9 > I've been working on an ebuild recently and the package won't compile
10 > with the '-funroll-loops' compiler flag. It might be nice to have a
11 > couple of variables such as 'BAD_CFLAGS' and 'BAD_CXXFLAGS' that would
12 > tell portage to remove these compiler flags for a particular ebuild.
13 > This would provide a uniform way to deal with any similar problems
14 > without someone having to modify their optimization settings for one
15 > ebuild.
16 >
17 > Any thoughts?
18 >