From: Collins Richey <erichey2@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RC6 Boot ISO reports + aic7xxx problem solved!
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 06:16:41
1 On Mon, 3 Sep 2001 22:53:45 -0600 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
2 wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 08:50:54PM -0700, scott worley wrote:
5 >
6 > > My stupidity! Must load sd_mod.o to get scsi disk support.
7 > Everything
8 > > works when I insmod in this order:
9 > >
10 > > scsi_mod, the scsi core
11 > > sd_mod, scsi HD support
12 > > sr_mod, scsi CD support
13 > > aic7xxx, adapter driver
14 >
15 > OK; this is also something that I can add to the build instructions.
16 > My
17 > test box is IDE, so I haven't been able to test this yet.
20 Is there any reason you're not using modprobe (which is designed to
21 resolve multiple module dependancies) instead of insmod for a specific
22 list of modules?
25 Collins Richey
26 Denver Area
27 jblinux 2.2 xfce sylpheed opera