From: Mike Doty <kingtaco@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Living in a bubble [gentoo-proctor] Warning^2
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 17:02:16
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 09:33:29 -0700
3 > Mike Doty <kingtaco@g.o> wrote:
4 >>> The problem is not so much the system as a small number of the
5 >>> proctors. Perhaps it should be restaffed with people who aren't so
6 >>> used to wielding god-like powers on the forums, where anyone who
7 >>> dares say anything that disagrees with a small clique's collective
8 >>> views can be banned permanently with no accountability.
9 >>>
10 >> Thanks for your wonderful insight, No one had any idea the proctors
11 >> were a group with no accountability. When the council reviews
12 >> everything they've done in the past month, we're just joking around.
13 >
14 > That wasn't what I said. What I said was that the forums staff have no
15 > accountability, and that the proctors were suffering as a result of
16 > containing too many of said forums staff.
17 >
18 > Perhaps you should take the time to read things properly before
19 > attempting sarcasm...
20 >
21 Perhaps you should go take a long walk off a short pier.
22 >> Back to reality, go take a long walk off a short pier.
23 >
24 > So now you're not content with filing hypocritical devrel bugs
25 > complaining of people swearing in places you yourself regularly swear,
26 > and are escalating the thread to ad hominem? (Note that it isn't ad
27 > hominem if the claims are relevant to the matter at hand, so this
28 > thread was previously ad hominem free.)
29 >
30 Oh, I'm so hurt. You think I'm a hypocrite. Man, what will I ever do?
31 Newsflash, I know I'm a hypocrite, which is a lot better than the
32 childish passive-aggressive asshole you are.
37 Mike Doty kingtaco -at- gentoo.org
38 Gentoo Council
39 Gentoo Infrastructure
40 Gentoo/AMD64 Strategic Lead
41 GPG: E1A5 1C9C 93FE F430 C1D6 F2AF 806B A2E4 19F4 AE05
43 --
44 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list