From: Martin Holzer <mholzer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: AW: [gentoo-dev] xine-lib
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 20:36:29
1 I've changed SLOT.
2
3 This a little bit better
6 Martin Holzer
7 sVrmARTY-/irc.freenode.net
8
9 Bug-Wrangler, Gentoo Linux
12 -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
13 Von: Paul de Vrieze [mailto:pauldv@g.o]
14 Gesendet: Freitag, 17. Oktober 2003 21:30
15 An: gentoo-dev@g.o
16 Betreff: Re: [gentoo-dev] xine-lib
19 On Friday 17 October 2003 19:20, Patrick Lauer wrote:
20 >
21 > 1) How did this slip through QA?
22 > 2) What is the official policy on breaking emerge -U ? I thought
23 > that's a big no-no? 3) Why is a bug that I'd consider a BLOCKER only
24 > WONTFIX ?
25
26 Unfortunately there are packages that have issues with existing libs. Parts
27 of
28 that are caused by libtool and can often be fixed by the libtool.eclass
29 elibtoolize function. I don't know why xine-lib blocks, and I believe that a
30
31 fix would be wanted, but in some cases such a thing is the only option.
32
33 Paul
36 Paul de Vrieze
37 Gentoo Developer