From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: williamh@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: revisiting our stabilization policy
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 01:27:49
1 On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 18:46:06 -0600
2 William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > If you want to say @system, you have to include all rdepends of
5 > virtuals in @system and all packages that are dependencies of any
6 > packages in @system, at least.
7 >
8 > Keeping track of that will be difficult at best.
9
10 Trying to depclean it gives a warn, which is a simple form to check it;
11 we could probably optimize this if it needs to run faster. Or we have
12 some separate script generate an online list (like our rev deps) to
13 quickly check it up with; could go a step further, one can set up a
14 tool to ensure the bugs get set accordingly.
15
16 For example; see security's GLSA bug bot, which is much more complex.
19 With kind regards,
20
21 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
22 Gentoo Developer
23
24 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
25 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
26 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D