From: "Anthony G. Basile" <dante@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: solar@g.o
Cc: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] iptables
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 11:07:47
1 If it is any help to the developers, I'm running several gentoo servers
2 which require ipv4 forwarding and I have been setting forwarding=1 through
3 sysctl.conf without any problem whatsoever. When I first noticed this
4 message, I thought that maybe something was broken with sysctl.conf and
5 that users were being instructed to used echo 1 > .../forwarding. But I
6 convinced myself there was no problem with the boot scripts and sysctl,
7 and indeed, there doesn't seem to be.
8