From: Danny van Dyk <kugelfang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] amd64 help
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:05:12
1 Am Montag, 29. Januar 2007 00:26 schrieb Ciaran McCreesh:
2 > On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 19:17:35 +0100 (MET) Christian Faulhammer
3 >
4 > <opfer@g.o> wrote:
5 > | As we all notice from time to time, amd64 team is lacking behind a
6 > | bit, due to various reasons. a) manpower, b) a lot of keywording.
7 > | Java team asked arch teams if they object when Java team marks
8 > | stable generation-2 ebuilds on their own, due to the long time it
9 > | takes and to the amount of ebuilds to be stabilised.
10 > | So, maybe we can discuss here another helping hand for amd64.
11 > | Devs that work with a given software (not necessarily the
12 > | maintainer) on amd64 architecture and when there is a keywording
13 > | bug open, then said devs can keyword the ebuild. For a short
14 > | period of time this could be allowed to all devs.
15 > | Any objections?
16 >
17 > Why not just extend the amd64 team to include people who will only
18 > work on Java stuff? Other arch teams have no problems with developers
19 > being onboard only for a few particular packages.
20
21 No problem with that. The usually process of joining is:
22 * Ask Mike,
23 * Mike asks Simon and me,
24 * Simone and me usually say yes,
25 * Mike usually says yes,
26 * you're aboard.
27
28 It's just that we don't have sufficient _active_ devs. :-/
29
30 Danny
31 --
32 Danny van Dyk <kugelfang@g.o>
33 Gentoo/AMD64 Project, Gentoo Scientific Project
34 --
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list