From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] glep-42-news: sparc multilib profile
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 08:52:26
1 Friedrich Oslage wrote:
2 > Josh Saddler schrieb:
3 >> Mmm, not so much. Documentation like this, that's so specific to one
4 >> particular architecture, would be better off in project documentation --
5 >> that's (partly) why ya'll have project directories in the first place.
6 >> Otherwise it becomes a maintenance burden for the GDP. It'll be easier
7 >> on the Sparc team to maintain it if it's in their own /proj/ space.
8 >
9 >> What we can do, however, is list it in metadoc.xml, so that it will show
10 >> up in /doc/en/list.xml.
13 > Right, x86 or ppc users won't benefit from reading it ;)
14 >
15 > I moved it to the sparc space and attached the revided news item.
16 >
17 > Regards,
18 > Friedrich
19
20 s/mutlilib/multilib/
21
22 I also don't understand why this news item needed to wait for a Portage
23 to go stable.
24
25 Regards,
26 Petteri