From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP ??: Critical News Reporting
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 02:20:44
1 Grant Goodyear wrote:
2
3 >>>| GuideXML is the standard for Gentoo docs for some damn good reasons!
6 > True, but at the same time there's a reason that GLEPs can be written in
7 > restructured text as well as guidexml. I doubt that it's accidental
8 > that almost all GLEPs have been submitted in restructured text rather
9 > than guidexml. (Incidentally, I like our guidexml. I think that it
10 > renders quite well for what we want. I'm not so fond of writing it,
11 > however.)
12
13 Here here ... I like how GLEPs are primarily in RST format which is
14 really easy to read in raw form. My vote/opinion is to use a similar
15 format for news items which I'm pretty sure can be easily converted to
16 whatever format we end up using (GuideXML or not) for the site portion
17 of this GLEP.
18
19 Cheers-
22 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
23 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
24
25 ---
26 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
27 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
28
29 ramereth/irc.freenode.net