From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some council topics for March meeting
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 09:05:44
1 On Saturday 03 March 2007, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > If there's some value to be found in having PMS ready by a particular
3 > date that I'm missing then I want to hear it so that I can spend more
4 > time working on PMS and less on other things.
5
6 semantics aside, how much time you dedicate is entirely up to you and really,
7 i dont think there's too many developers who honestly care how that affects
8 you
9
10 i consider having a spelled out EAPI=0 spec to be quite valuable and worth
11 spending time on and i have to say that i get the feeling that i'm not alone
12 on this point
13
14 having a behavior explanation cuts back on the "well it works in portage so go
15 screw yourself" mentality and replaces it with "package manger foo does not
16 behave according to spec" which certainly opens up the door for people to use
17 alternative package managers with the Gentoo ebuild tree (hmm we're gonna
18 have to stop referring to it as the "Gentoo portage tree" eh)
19 -mike