From: Georg Rudoy <0xd34df00d@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Does the scm ebuild masking policy make sense for git?
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 09:11:34
1 2014-09-10 15:59 GMT+01:00 Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>:
2 > On Wed, 10 Sep 2014 13:56:04 +0000
3 > hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Tom Wijsman:
6 >> > On Tue, 09 Sep 2014 19:12:28 +0000
7 >> > hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
8 >> >
9 >> >> Jauhien Piatlicki:
10 >> >>>
11 >> >>> When I accept ~arch I expect that no live ebuilds will be built. I
12 >> >>> think other gentoo users expect the same.
13 >> >>
14 >> >> Just because users are used to it doesn't make it better.
15 >> >
16 >> > How does it "make it better" for users that are used to what works
17 >> > well?
18 >>
19 >> It improves usability by providing additional information.
20 >
21 > Usability is not to be found in information that is subject to change.
22
23 How frequently the list of supported arches does shrink? Is it
24 statistically significant?
27 Georg Rudoy