From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Portage fork: sys-apps/portage-mgorny
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 12:54:35
1 On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 5:01 AM, Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sat, 24 Mar 2018 09:02:20 +0100
3 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> ...except that it is also used to say 'this is experimental version,
6 >> unmask at will' and Portage wants to unmask stuff for you anyway. Well,
7 >> I mean the default configuration of Portage, not mine.
8 >
9 > Yeah, that default I find incredibly stupid tbh.
10 >
11 > Auto-unmask use works nicely. Autounmask for package.mask and
12 > accept_keywords is just madness I'd love to see stopped.
15 It can be useful, though obviously I review what is proposed before
16 merging the config changes.
17
18 I wouldn't put masks and keywords in the same bucket. A mask
19 typically means that something is known to cause problems, while
20 missing keywords typically just means that it isn't known to work yet.
21 People running mixed-keywords will find themselves accepting keywords
22 a fair bit.
26 Rich