From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] linux-headers-2.4.21
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 07:00:07
1 Patrick Kursawe wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 02:16:42AM -0400, Kumba wrote:
4 > Just curious: Which kind of features?
5
6 I myself don't know the specifics, but I do know the Gentoo/Hardened
7 team has been waiting for these headers, as they implement a feature
8 needed for SE Linux. The old 2.4.19 headers lacked this feature, so I
9 believe when glibc was rebuilt and realized it was using 2.4.19 headers,
10 it created stubs for these features, whereas with 2.4.21 headers, glibc
11 actually implements them.
14 --Kumba
17 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world:
18 small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are
19 elsewhere." --Elrond
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list