From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: lxnay@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in net-print/cups/files: cups-1.5.0-systemd-socket-2.patch
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 13:12:23
1 On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 7:07 AM, Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
2 > ^ This will likely cause the patch not to apply, at least with older patch
3 > versions
4 > You should be able to delete this section of the patch to avoid the CVS tag
5 > polluting it
6
7 The CVS tags will also create issues during the git migration - we
8 have a bunch of ancient commits that get mangled during conversion
9 largely due to keywords in patch files. I believe -ko will also fix
10 those, but if you don't need the keyword in the patch I'd just avoid
11 it entirely. Brian has been working wonders with fixing as many as
12 possible, but let's not keep adding more (this one will still cause
13 problems since it will be in the commit history even if you fix it -
14 though I suspect in the end we'll just have to live with stuff like
15 this frozen in our history since there really isn't any one-right-way
16 to handle them).
17
18 IMHO CVS keywords are right up there with 2600Hz when it comes to
19 in-band signaling mechanisms that have unforeseen consequences.
20
21 Rich