From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] masked portage 1.8.8-r1
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 16:29:02
1 On Sun, 2002-02-03 at 23:58, Geert Bevin wrote:
2 > > While unmerge functionality is still in testing, I propose that we rename
3 > > --safe to --old or similar. IMO it' makes a lot more sense, since unmerging
4 > > without --safe isn't unsafe, it's just different.
5 >
6 > Well both make sense to me since --safe ensures that the system
7 > continues to work as it did before the unmerge by not removing any
8 > functionalities. With -old you have the possible misunderstanding about
9 > what old mean. Is it the package revision number or related to the last
10 > installed package. With unmerge, the latter applies. Of course if most
11 > devs vote for --old we'll change ;-)
14 Im more just for the more lazy 'unmerge' option.
15
16 In the --safe/--old issue .. i tend to agree with Vitaly that
17 it should rather be --force to force a unmerge of all. Just
18 blindly merging stuff usually do not break things ....
19 unmerging do though, and if you have the time for user
20 support ... ;)
21
22 > --
23 > Geert Bevin
24 > the Leaf sprl/bvba
25 > "Use what you need" Pierre Theunisstraat 1/47
26 > http://www.theleaf.be 1030 Brussels
27 > gbevin@×××××××.be Tel & Fax +32 2 241 19 98
30 > gentoo-dev mailing list
31 > gentoo-dev@g.o