From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Bugzilla arch list reordering
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 22:01:52
1 Hi, everyone.
2
3 Just a quick idea of reordering / regrouping the arch list on Bugzilla.
4 Currently the list is split into 'stable' and 'unstable' arches which is
5 not very precise, and do not exactly match what arch teams are doing.
6
7 For that reason, I'd like to use three groups instead:
8
9 a. stable arches,
10 b. exp arches with stable keywords (you should CC them on stablereq if
11 they have stable keywords already),
12 c. pure ~arch.
13
14 The main idea is to stop mixing e.g. mips/*-fbsd and m68k/sh/sparc which
15 have different characteristics. While the former never use stable
16 keywords, tha latter have stable keywords (even if somewhat
17 inconsistent).
18
19 I've created a small HTML file with example of how this would look:
20
21 https://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/tmp/cc.html
22
23 Besides regrouping, I've also reordered the keywords to use the same
24 sorting order as eshowkw (i.e. ppc before ppc64), moved 'BSD' into teams
25 (in contrast to 'AMD64 FBSD' and 'X86 FBSD'), and added 'Prefix' team.
26
27 What do you think?
30 Best regards,
31 Michał Górny