From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE flag(s) for ssl (always USE ssl)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 12:08:57
1 В Втр, 15/12/2009 в 09:15 +0100, Ulrich Mueller пишет:
2 > >>>>> On Tue, 15 Dec 2009, Peter Volkov wrote:
3 > > If package has ssl support use ssl USE flag for that. In case there
4 > > are alternatives, use openssl/gnutls/nss for upstream _less_
5 > > recommended implementation(s).
6 >
7 > Small problem: If a user enables more than one of openssl/gnutls/nss
8 > then he'll get the less recommended implementation.
9
10 This problem is even worse in case there is no ssl USE flag. There will
11 be no way to ask for best ssl implementation and user will have to think
12 and select suggested implementation for each package separately.
13
14 > I'd rather add the USE flag for the upstream recommended
15 > implementation too, and enable it with highest priority in case of
16 > conflicting flags.
17
18 In case upstream has hard priorities I think ewarn is enough (or just
19 drop broken implementations). Adding more conflicting USE flags just
20 makes situation worse.
23 Peter.