From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: Heinrich Wendel <lanius@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Menu - Bash vs. Python Rule files
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:55:40
1 On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 20:10, Heinrich Wendel wrote:
2 > Sorry, now i see it, you want to patch KDE. Interesting idea, but I don't
3 > think this is the way to go, take a look at *box and others, they don't
4 > support .desktop at all, it would be more work than the other way I think.
5
6 Not if in our /usr/share/gentoo-menu (or wherever) we also have a
7 fluxmenu (dont' knwo what flux actually uses here... so this is an
8 example) file that is generated at the same time. KDE/Gnome uses the
9 .directory/.desktop/.menu stuff we supply in our directory and *box use
10 their native supplied in the same location. All you're really doing
11 here is patching the change the default location for the system menus.
14 Chris Gianelloni
15 Developer, Gentoo Linux