From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Dependencies default to accept any slot value acceptable (:*), can we default to :0 instead?
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 19:49:14
1 On Sun, 8 Dec 2013 14:39:39 -0500
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3 > On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 2:14 PM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
4 > > PMS just provides a mechanism, but doesn't prefer one SLOT value
5 > > over another. Such a change would introduce policy into PMS which
6 > > is not the right way to go.
7 >
8 > Sure it does - it defaults to :* when :* was never specified. I don't
9 > see how defaulting to :0= is a "policy" any more than :* is.
10
11 SLOT=0 isn't special in PMS these days. (Historically it was. Now SLOT
12 is mandatory, and it doesn't default to 0.)
15 Ciaran McCreesh