From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
Cc: Gentoo-User <gentoo-user@g.o>, Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] donations to what?
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 20:32:36
1 On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 19:35, Jon Portnoy wrote:
2 > On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 12:57:02PM +0200, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
3 > > > Gentoo is going to go non-profit soon.
4 > >
5 > > The last time I checked, it is non-profit.
8 > No, Gentoo Technologies is currently registered as a for-profit
9 > corporation.
10 >
11 > (Of course, that doesn't mean it's _profitable_ - that just means that's
12 > what the legal tax status is)
13
14 Yes I know.
15
16 Maybe it is recent events, but I and you both know the status of things,
17 and even after many people have contributed, have struggled to get
18 through some months, people have the untactful/ungrateful presumption
19 that they can look down on some of us and call a witch hunt. That
20 really gets to me - sorda being called down as having dark intentions.
21
22 Maybe one of the reasons I rather get in bed and watch a movie after
23 getting home at 8-11pm these days.
26 Just me, ignore.
30 Martin Schlemmer
31 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
32 Cape Town, South Africa