From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <gentoo@××××××××××.pl>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: New eclass: scons.eclass
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 21:29:13
1 On Monday, August 23, 2010 11:42:49 Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 17:06:22 -0400 Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > > local varname=${2:-${flag}}
4 > >
5 > > should be stripping possible leading ! so that people can do
6 > > `use_scons !foo moo` just like they can today with `use_with $foo moo`
7 >
8 > Could you explain that better? Calling 'use_scons !foo moo' would cause
9 > varname to contain 'moo' anyway.
10
11 yeah, in that case it wouldnt matter
12
13 > If you meant calling just 'use_scons !foo' instead, I can do that but
14 > not sure if it'd be really useful. I guess packages don't tend to use
15 > some kind reverse logic for booleans, and would rather have
16 > the particular var prefixed by 'NO' or something like that then.
17
18 whether the upstream logic should be fixed is something to address there. the
19 extended `use_xxx` interfaces should support all the underlying features of
20 `use` and work just as well as the existing ones.
21 -mike