From: Thibaut Fernagut <t.fernagut@××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] more up to date minimal install cd
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 11:13:55
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 Daniel Robbins wrote:
5 > I think that would be a more useful default view of the docs, but
6 > still doesn't quite get it perfect.
7 >
8 > Here is what I think would be ideal: One shorter Web page covering the
9 > installation process, with links to supplemental information that is
10 > currently cluttering everything up. I don't need to read a page about
11 > all the different options I have when installing Gentoo, or see a
12 > complete list of boot options. That's supplemental info. If I need
13 > that I can click on the link. What I don't like is having to click on
14 > links to get to the "next step" of the process. All key steps should
15 > be covered tersely on a single page.
16 >
17 > Make sense?
18 [SNIP]
19 > -Daniel
20
21 It sure makes sense !
22 You mean a web page with options per choise pointing to a section when
23 that choise is made (consolidate existing install installs)
26 example :
27
28 Select the arch do you want to install gentoo on :
29 [X]x86 []arm []x86_64
30
31 - --> go to url of handbook for x86
32
33 Select a iso:
34 [X]base []full
35
36 - --> go to url where mirrors can be selected for x86 and an explenation
37 how to write the iso
40 You selected x86-base-iso. Select which stage you want to start the
41 installation :
42 []stage1 []stage2 [X]stage3
43
44 - --> go to url of handbook for stage3_install
45
46 etc etc ..
47
48 That way you have en entire tree of diffirent ways to install but not
49 the clutter of the other options because every select you do excludes
50 sections of unneeded other install_documents. Kind of preventing the
51 cluttering by _choise_.
52
53 Maybe it's a daft implementation of your proposal ?
57 My 0,5 cents
58 Blokkie
59
68 --