From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: c.nicolas@×××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ldconfig symlink updates -- do we need that?
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 15:44:26
1 On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 17:31:11 +0200
2 Cyprien Nicolas <c.nicolas@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On 28/06/11 10:53, Michał Górny wrote:
5 > > On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 10:48:48 +0200 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o>
6 > > wrote:
7 >
8 > I'm a noob in Python, but I disagree with this patch. for two reasons:
9 >
10 > First, the -X option is already available, and controlled by
11 > makelinks, so why not change the default value of makelinks to False?
12 >
13 > Second, after trying to understand the code, if your proposed patch is
14 > applied, the makelinks variable become useless. So why not remove it
15 > completly from the source? Is this variable still needed?
16 >
17 > There is some bunch of code starting at line 222 in the current HEAD,
18 > which sets makelinks to False upon some conditions, does this need to
19 > be refactored / removed somehow too?
20
21 This patch is just the simplest approach to see if it works as
22 expected. We'll prepare a better/more consistent patch when the concept
23 itself is accepted.
26 Best regards,
27 Michał Górny