From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] NTP and DST problem
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 18:39:13
1 Caleb Cushing wrote:
2 > if I'm using a pre-fix timezone file and using ntp will it correct my
3 > machine to the correct time?
4
5 NTP is not timezone aware, it's merely seconds from epoch which your OS
6 interprets into the localtime. If you have tzdata2006p installed you
7 should be fine.
8
9 Be aware that certain things like PHP 5, Mysql, Java JVMs have their own
10 internal timezone data in some cases. Recent version of all should be
11 fine unless in the case of Mysql you were using named timezones and
12 never updated the internal tzdata from an older install. Under *nix
13 Mysql uses SYSTEM as the time zone normally so you'd have to have gone
14 out of your way to use a named timezone and load tzdata.
15
16 kashani
17 --
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list