From: Tom Prado <tprado@×××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] local package.mask / or unmask
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 16:00:10
1 Thanks! This will work nicely.
2
3 Tom
4
5 On 10 Sep 2002, Rigo Ketelings wrote:
6
7 > There's a script out there (forums I believe I found it) that will tell
8 > you what new ebuilds there are, every time you rsync....A little hack
9 > overwrites package.mask with your local one (set by the script)....Be
10 > carefull though...Once new ebuilds start crawling in (ALWAYS tested in
11 > package.mask first; but not for you....if you're using this script
12 > anyway ;-)
13 >
14 > It also has functionality for a different thirdpartymirrors file and
15 > reservers a package.mask.rsynced (=Current package.mask) in
16 > $PORTDIR_OVERLAY
17 >
18 > I named it 'er' after the proces emerge rsync ;-)
19 >
20 > Have fun,
21 >
22 > Rigo