From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paludis and Profiles
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 07:44:14
1 On Friday 19 May 2006 08:25, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > On Thursday 18 May 2006 22:37, Stephen Bennett wrote:
3 > > On Thu, 18 May 2006 21:35:01 +0200
4 > >
5 > > Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o> wrote:
6 > > > Sure baselayout is. An there're others in the tree, But that doesn't
7 > > > mean these variants are supported (special cases like embedded
8 > > > aside).
9 > >
10 > > So they're unsupported alternatives to one of the core parts of gentoo,
11 > > which have profiles for them in the tree. What's different?
12 >
13 > They are at least partly supported. Also they do not aim to replace
14 > baselayout as the main gentoo basic setup.
15
16 As someone who's talked to initng devs since their project began and someone
17 who has contribed code so that networking worked on init-ng with a Gentoo
18 config I can assure you that their goal is to replace baselayout in Gentoo.
19
20 OMFG - lets rip initng from the tree as it's going to replace my lovely
21 baselayout</sarcasm>
25 Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
26 Gentoo/Linux Developer (baselayout, networking)
27 --
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list