From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Manifest2 hashes, take n+1-th
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2017 20:12:01
1 Hanno Böck posted on Sat, 21 Oct 2017 19:50:11 +0200 as excerpted:
2
3 > On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 12:12:44 -0500 R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> People are discussing collision resistance, but no one here appears to
6 >> be trained in cryptography.
7 >
8 > For the record, I'd claim I am.
9
10 ... And with a number of vuln discoveries to your credit, it's safe to
11 say it's not just paper certs for you, too. =:^)
12
13 (And FWIW I'd point to Robin H Johnson/robbat2 as someone I know has
14 authority in this area as well. There may be others. FTR I'm not one of
15 them, tho as any good admin I try to follow the security news especially
16 where it touches machines I administer, so I'm following this thread with
17 particular interest.)
22 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman