From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Automated Package Removal and Addition Tracker, for the week ending 2009-07-26 23h59 UTC
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 01:38:04
1 On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 08:29:03PM -0400, James Cloos wrote:
2 > It would be a bit easier to read if there were a third section in
3 > the tracker for renames, rather than having them in the Removals
4 > and Additions sections.
5 The detection tool runs solely based on the CVSROOT 'History' file.
6 Based on that alone, we cannot detect a rename reliably.
7
8 If something gets renamed or removed in quick sucession, the updates
9 tracking files can be out of date as well
10
11 > Obviously the syntax of each line would have to be different; perhaps
12 > something like the {old⇒new} syntax would allow each change to be on
13 > a single line in a (human+machine)-readable fashion?
14 Two sets of output are already provide. One for humans, and one for
15 machines.
16
17 P.S. I am on the mailing list, you do not need to CC me.
20 Robin Hugh Johnson
21 Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
22 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
23 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85